Studio Art Head

Friday, December 30, 2016

Saying Good-Bye 2016

It's almost 2017.  Are you ready for the new year?  For 2017, I set some (what I think) reasonable, easily, obtainable 'goals.'  It's really more like 'lifestyle changes.'  I do plan on eating better and healthier, and get out more and do things.  Sometimes getting out is frightening since I suffer from anxiety.  My anxiety has pretty much taken control of me for the most part of 2016, but I'm planning on changing that...baby steps.  I made a list of things I would like to do (or go) and placed them in my planner for the up coming year.  Now I see it as something positive to look forward to...something fun.

One thing I'm looking forward to is my very own 'sketchbook project.'  I ordered this HUGE Art Alternatives Very Big Sketch Book from Michaels online.  (see photo below)

It's an over-sized blank sketchbook that contains 300 sheets (600 pages) of acid-free bright paper.  It looks like a really huge coffee table book.  I'm planning on make/creating a sketch, collage, lettering, poem...anything creative once a day to fill up the entire book by the end of the year.  Although there are only 300 pages (if you don't count the back sides) and there are 365 days in one year, I think I can manage with 300 pages.  The sketchbook retails for $47.99 but I purchased it during the holidays when they were having the 50% coupons and free shipping.  Here is the link to the book.

https://www.michaels.com/art-alternatives---very-big-sketch-book/D015781S.html#q=+D015781S&start=1

Wish me luck!  I also plan on hosting several snail mart art swaps with an array of different themes instead of the typical themes (Paris, birds, butterflies).  I'll announce when the time is closer on Instagram.  I did stumble across a design team challenge by Another Colorful Creation.  They are searching for creative design team members to complete 2 projects per month...and here's the best part....in any media field!!  That means if your into paper arts, drawing, painting, color combos and mood boards....they're looking for you!  I've applied.  The deadline is January 15th.  Here is their link:

www.anothercoclorfulcreation.blogspot.com

What are your new years 'goals'?  Leave a comment.  I'll pick one comment at random and send you something special in the mail!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment